Sunday 21 March 2010

Lodge Paine Grande, Patagonia

This was the 1st night's accommodation... in the lodge, not the campsite next to it. I watched in despair as young backpackers attempted to erect their tents in 70k/hr winds which didn't let up the whole night. One tent came loose in the middle of the night and took off like a kite, ending up in the lake leaving the couple inside completely exposed. They had to come to the lodge and rent another tent. Money might not bring you happiness, but it sure gives you options when you need them. I wanted to enjoy this short time in the park and struggle to survive - most people were lugging all their gear from one campsite to the next - not my idea of fun. The trails are challenging enough without all the extra weight - I packed 4 days' necessities into my daypack, the lightest I had ever travelled in my life!

1 comment:

  1. Your pics don't get much better...or do they? A wise choice not to be under canvas indeed!
    Tony

    ReplyDelete