Sunday 23 May 2010

Journey's End

And so my 5-month journey comes to an end as I head home tomorrow, May 24, at the same time as Buenos Aires explodes into life with its bicentenary celebrations. As I look back on my adventures and remember the people I’ve met and places I’ve seen, I’m so grateful to have had this opportunity to travel through S. America. And yet I feel I’ve just scratched the surface and would like to return and visit Peru, Ecuador and Brazil.

I shall certainly come back to Argentina – there’s a lot more to see here – I’ve spent most of the time in Buenos Aires studying Spanish and Tango and I haven’t sampled all the different Malbecs yet!
Although sad to leave, I’m also ready to come home and looking forward to seeing family and friends – I’ve just read it’s the hottest day of the year in the U.K. today – let's hope it’s the beginning of a trend.
Thanks to all you for following my blog and for adding comments – made it all feel worthwhile. Hasta pronto (see you soon)!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome home Fiona !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does it feel to be home? Sad? Elated? Wanting to get back already? I felt all those things even after 7 weeks away and still do! I know of a wonderful trek on horseback to Mongolia in August - a bit too soon for me .....interested?? See you soon cant wait to catch up. Muchos besos x

    ReplyDelete