Monday 25 January 2010

Hotel Señorial Montero - La Paz

Arrived safely in La Paz just after midnight and took a taxi to this hotel (the one with all the glass) where I'm staying 3 nights because the only rooms available at the hostels are shared dorms (too old for that!). It was pouring with rain, but then this is the rainy and therefore low season (upside = hardly any tourists). Pleased that I didn´t feel the altitude at all as the airport is at a staggering 4,000m above sea level and is the world´s highest. Had my 1st hot shower in a month which was exceedingly enjoyable. Looked out the window into the street before getting into bed around 2am and there was a woman picking up litter from the streets one bit at a time and there was plenty of it. I wondered what time she'd be going to bed as I sank gratefully into mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment