Monday 8 February 2010

Jungle Tour to Chalalan


There are 2 types of tours from Rurrenabaque : Pampas and Jungle. I'd just done the Pampas and decided as I was there, I may as well do the Jungle tour as well. So I embarked on yet another motor canoe ride, this time 5 hours up the Beni River to Chalalan Lodge at San José de Uchupiamonas in Madidi National Park. This is Bolivia's top ecotourism project founded by the local Quechua-Tacama community, Conservation International and the Interamerican Development Bank and now enjoys a well-deserved international reputation. Due to the rainy season, the river was in full flow against us - the journey back only took 3 hours. It was a thrilling boat ride as the foliage became denser and denser - I was excited to go hiking in tropical rain forest and do more wildlife spotting and birdwatching.



No comments:

Post a Comment